Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Strawberry and Blackberry Chia Pudding

So I have fallen in love with using chia seeds in recipes to boost not only the texture of dishes but it also adds some added fiber. While on Pinterest, (which I probably do way to much of!) I found a recipe for Berry Chia Pudding Vegan Yack Attack  and had an urge to make it immediately. I didn't have blueberries so I used a container of black berries instead which yielded the same results. The great thing about this dish is that it is so versatile that I have not only eaten it plain but put this on pancakes and toast and have mixed it with plain greek yogurt and topped the mixture with my homemade granola (my favorite one so far because it tastes like a berry cheesecake of sorts). Good way to satisfy your sweet tooth and fit in some yummy fruits!


Berry Chia Pudding Recipe:

1 container strawberries trimmed and chopped
3/4 cup blueberries
1/4 c water
2 medjool dates, pitted (I have used other pitted dates and they have not mixed well in the blender)
2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds

1. In a high speed blender, puree berries water and dates until completely smooth
2. Place berry puree in a jar or small bowl and stir chia seeds until well combined
3. Let the mixture set in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
4. Serve chilled.



No comments:

Post a Comment