Thursday, June 27, 2013

Baked Mozzarella Sticks

To keep on my theme of re-done bar bites, I knew I had to include mozzarella sticks; because honestly, isn't that on everyone's top 10 favorite appetizer list? If you enjoy cheese as much as me, you probably know that not many people can pass up on gooey cheese wrapped in a crunchy outer layer. However, just like all the other delicious bar food, these mouth watering sticks of cheese come at a hefty calorie content; and that is exactly why I chose to re-create a healthier version for all of us cheese lovers to enjoy, and hey we could even throw in a beer!

I made the following recipe for my fiance and I only, so the ingredients will need to be modified if you are feeding more foodies.

Bakes Mozzarella Sticks; serves 2

4 sticks of reduced fat mozzarella string cheese
1/4 c flour; you could substitute whole wheat flour
1/4 c Panko bread crumbs
1 egg white

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil; cover foil with baking spray
2. Cut string cheese in half.
3. Dip cut cheese into egg whites then coat with flour
4. Place cheese coated in flour back into egg whites and then coat with Panko bread crumbs
5. Repeat steps until all cheese is rolled in both the flour and the Panko bread crumbs.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes being careful to watch for the mozzarella melting and oozing too rapidly. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment