Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Pasta

I have a confession; I am a dipaholic. It's true, I can eat a whole days worth of food in dips and not even think twice. Now, I am not prejudice about my dips, but one of all my all time favorites (and I think most people can agree with this love) is spinach and artichoke dip. Ah my mouth is drooling as I type, thinking about the creamy texture and zing of the artichokes all on one perfect chip, cracker, and carrot stick (I'm not prejudice about my dippers either).

However, I have come to the conclusion that most people crave more of an entree and cannot eat just dips for every meal. Alas! I have meshed both worlds with a Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Pasta. This pasta has the same creamy texture and bold flavor of the artichokes while adding whole wheat pasta for more of a balanced meal. Like many of my other dishes, this is a really simple meal and can be made with a lot of staple items in your refrigerator. I hope you enjoy!



Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Pasta (Serves 6)

About 3/4 to one box of whole wheat penne pasta
2 cups spinach
1/4 c skim milk
6 oz neufchâtel cheese
1/4 c greek yogurt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2-3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
shake of red pepper (or more if you prefer)
1 large can of artichoke hearts in water

1. Cook pasta according to directions
2. In a food processor add your spinach, milk, neufchâtel cheese, greek yogurt, and spices; puree until all ingredients mixed and the result is a sauce like consistency
3. Once cooked, drain pasta and add back to saucepan. Add your sauce, artichokes, and parmesan cheese and heat until warm on stove top.
4. Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment