Monday, January 27, 2014

Seeing Green Smoothie

For the last few months, I have enjoyed starting out my mornings with a glass of a home made smoothie jam packed with rich antioxidants and bursting with fresh fruits and veggies. Making my own recipe allows me to know exactly what is put in to my smoothies and gives me peace of mind knowing that there are no added preservatives or sweetened fruit juices lurking within. This particular smoothie is made rich and creamy with the addition of avocado. Like many of the other smoothies I have created, this one can also be made in advance and kept in a pitcher in the refrigerator for 4-5 days for a quick and easy breakfast.



Recipe:

2 green apples sliced into chunks
2 cups hand torn kale, stems removed
3 peeled and chopped kiwi
1 avocado pitted and peeled
1 cup green grapes
4 cups water

1. Combine above ingredients in blender and pulse until evenly combined and smooth.
2. Store in pitcher in refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment