Sunday, January 5, 2014

Greek Dip

Who doesn't love a good dip? In my opinion, dips can make or break the dippee (chips, veggies, graham crackers, fruits) and are a crucial part of any get together. Recently, my husband and I were going to a Christmas party and as usual I agreed to make dips. When the time came, the avocados for my previously planned dip weren't ripe and I had to think on my toes… hence this super easy Greek Dip. I am guessing it was a hit by the empty dish I took home at the end of the night! This dip is also easily made versatile by changing out hummus flavors.

Greek Dip

1 cup roasted red pepper hummus
1 8 oz container crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup banana peppers
1/4 cup diced tomatoes and diced red onion combined
olive oil drizzle
pepper
crushed red pepper
dried basil

1. Spread hummus on bottom of 9 x 13 dish
2. Layer with diced onion, tomato, and banana peppers
3. Top with crumbled feta and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top.
4. Sprinkle seasoning to taste and serve with pita chips or veggies.




No comments:

Post a Comment