Sunday, March 2, 2014

Feta Dip

As I was driving home on the snow covered highway I was thinking about all the possibilities to make for lunch (my next meal is usually a thought when I am driving…). I then remembered I had all the ingredients to make one of my favorite dips; feta dip. This dip is so refreshing with bright flavors of basil, oregano, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar all atop a medley of creamy feta, crisp red onion, smooth avocado, and sweet cherry tomatoes. I originally found this recipe on Pinterest but changed the dressing to my taste. Almost every time I bring this dip to a party I am asked for the recipe; yes it really is that good…and easy!


Recipe:

1 container crumbled feta
1-2 ripe avocados peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/4 red onion finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp italian seasoning (or 1/3 tsp each of basil, garlic, oregano)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil

1. Combine feta, tomatoes, avocado, and onion and medium bowl.
2. Whisk olive oil into red wine vinegar; add lemon juice and seasonings.
3. Pour dressing over combined ingredients.
4. Serve with pretzel thins.
5. Store left overs in fridge with a dash of lime juice to keep avocados fresh; will last 1-2 days in fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment