Saturday, February 22, 2014

Macadamia Nut Granola

As a child, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies were one of my favorite desserts. Since I correlated macadamia nuts with sweetness, I bought a container of these nuts to use in some of my raw recipes. I had not realized this nut was quite bitter and found that it dominated the other flavors in my raw recipes. I don't like wasting food and so I came up with a better way to use these nuts; a granola. I found that the addition of honey, vanilla, and maple syrup toned down the bitterness of the nut and made for a deliciously sweet granola.

Recipe:

1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
1/4 cup pure honey
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 cups oats
1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp pure maple syrup or sugar free maple syrup

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease rim lined baking sheet.
2.  Combine honey and oil in microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds.
3. Remove from microwave and add vanilla and maple syrup.
4. Stir in nuts and oats until evenly combined.
5. Place mixture on baking sheet and cook in oven 15-20 minutes; turning half way through.
6. Remove from oven and allow mixture to cool completely.






No comments:

Post a Comment