Monday, May 20, 2013

Pear, Blue Cheese, and Spinach Pizza

So if you have ever been to Matt the Miller's and not tried their pear and gorgonzola flatbread, then shame on you! Unfortunately, it probably would not be in my best interest to eat there daily so I've re-created my rendition of the pizza at home for my own personal (and cheaper) enjoyment! This time, I used a whole wheat refrigerated crust by Pillsbury, which even my fiance drooled over!
Sadly I could only make 1/2 of my gooey goodness because my fiance likes to keep it simple with his standard pepperoni and cheese ;) This recipe is fast so I was able to make it after work with minimal clean up and time to enjoy the summer like weather!

Pear, Blue Cheese, and Spinach Pizza Recipe

1 refrigerated whole wheat pizza crust (I used the Pillsbury brand)
1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
2.5 tbsp crumbled bleu cheese
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3/4 of thinly sliced pear
1 handful spinach
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried italian seasoning
red pepper flakes to tasted
1/2 tbsp olive oil (or spray butter, which I used instead)

**again I only made this on 1/2 pizza, so you may need to double or add more for a whole pizza**

1. Pre-heat oven to directions on pizza crust
2. Cook pizza dough according to package (Pillsbury called for 8 minutes at 400 degrees before adding toppings and popping back in the oven)
3. Thinly slice
3. Add spray butter or olive oil to prepared crust and add garlic powder and italian seasoning. Add 1 tbsp balsamic and using pastry brush spread on crust.
4. Top with 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Top cheese with sliced pears and spinach.
6. Add crumbled bleu cheese.
7. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling.
8. Remove and add rep pepper flakes as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment