Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Roasted Vegetable Pizza

I like to think of a pizza crust as a blank canvas with endless combination possibilities; which is probably why I am so excited to tackle pizzas this month. I used a pre-made pizza crust; but if you are really feeling savvy you could make your own! I am not always a huge fan of tomato sauce on my pizza (call me crazy I know), so a lot of my pizzas start with a spritz of spray butter with minced garlic, italian seasoning, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I then took stock of the veggies in my fridge and pulled out broccoli, tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, and onions and topped it with some fresh mozzarella and crushed red pepper flakes. Talk about flavor; and not to mention it took virtually no time, I was able to sneak in some veggies, and I had three meals from it; success to me!

Roasted Vegetable Pizza

1 pre-made pizze crust
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1-2 tsp olive oil or spray butter
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tbsp minced garlic
red pepper and pepper for taste
About 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
1/4 jar marinated artichokes
1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
4-6 slices fresh mozzarella depending on the size of the slices

1. Pre-heat oven to 400
2. Place broccoli, onions, and mushrooms on foil lined baking sheet and spritz with olive oil or spray butter and toss with 1/2 tbsp minced garlic, red pepper, and black pepper; place in oven till browning and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place 1 tsp olive oil or a couple spritz of spray butter on crust and top with 1/2 tbsp minced garlic, italian seasoning, and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
4. Remove vegetables from oven and place on prepared crust along with cut tomatoes and artichokes.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese and put into oven for 7-10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbling.

* Once I removed the pizza, I topped it with more red pepper flakes and a drizzle of extra balsamic vinegar.



No comments:

Post a Comment