Sunday, April 14, 2013

Baby Arugula Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette

 I was excited to make this salad because it is so easy to eat by itself or pair with a salmon patty or goat cheese cake (not to mention I love any reason to eat bleu cheese in an appropriate manner and not straight out of a container). Yum-O! After making the salad I wanted to pair it with a vinaigrette and I happened to have left over shallots from goat cheese rice cakes I made for dinner. So shallot vinaigrette it was! I found a super easy recipe with a good flavor at Epicurious that I will definitely be making again for other salads.

Baby Arugula Salad

1 bunch or container of baby arugula washed and dried
1/2 cup dried raisins or cranberries
1/4 c walnuts
1 container crumbled bleu cheese
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 chopped red onion

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.

Shallot Vinaigrette

1/2 c chopped shallots
6 tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil

1. Whisk shallots, rice vinegar, and dijon mustard until combined. Gradually whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment