Sunday, April 14, 2013

Shrimp Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry

When I was rummaging the fridge to make dinner for my fiance and I, I found the rest of my bag of broccoli slaw from my detox salad sitting there looking sad and I decided I'd find a way to incorporate it in my meal. I promised my fiance some shrimp, but I was sick of making the tired shrimp pasta with tomato sauce. I landed on the idea to do a shrimp stir fry of sorts using the broccoli slaw instead of rice. It turned out to be a great choice and the broccoli slaw softened but didn't become soggy. Enjoy!

Shrimp Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry

1 bag of medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1/4 red onion
~ 1 tbsp of olive oil (I kind of eye balled it)
dash red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
~ 1/4 c reduced sodium soy sauce (I adjusted the amount to my taste)
2 tbsp crushed peanuts (optional)

1. Heat the garlic and oil in large pan; add the onions and let cook until fragrant and soft
2. Add broccoli slaw and soy sauce and cook approximately 5 minutes
3. Add shrimp and cook until pink on both sides approximately 2 minutes each side.
4. Put in a bowl and top with red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and peanuts.

Since it was a last minute idea, I plan on playing with this recipe more to add snap peas, broccoli, and mini corn on the cobs. Have fun with this recipe and let me know your ideas of what to add!




9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this broccoli slaw with Shrimp Stir Fry. I think this recipe will delicious and hopefully my kids will like it. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I appreciate your feedback! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking for a way to use up my leftover broccoli slaw and came across this recipe. The funniest part is that I was also planning on making a shrimp stir fry this weekend! I'll be adding some baby bok choy and water chestnuts. I've also used leftover broccoli slaw added to cabbage to make the filling for eggrolls. It worked very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped in my head what to do with the broccoli slaw in the fridge.. add some Shirmp thanks for another great idea stir fry them..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete