Monday, April 1, 2013

Salad Challenge Begins!

 I want to devote each month to a category and make a new item at least 1x a week to share with you; along with bonus recipes just to spice things up. So today begins this month's challenge: Salads! I found this following inspiration on no other than Pinterest and in true me fashion I tweaked and added items to my taste (and hopefully yours too!) This chilled lobster salad is bursting with color from bright tomatoes, corn, and avocados; not to mention it's a refreshing. Eat this salad by itself or add it to a bed of bright green arugula.


Chilled Lobster Salad with Corn, Avocados, and Tomatoes



Chilled Lobster Salad with Corn, Avocados, and Tomatoes

2 packages pre-packaged lobster
2 packages grape tomatoes
1 can sweet corn (no salt added)
2 ripe avocados cut into 1 inch chunks
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste

1. If the lobster is not pre-cut, cut into 1 in squares and place into large mixing bowl
2. Peel and cut avocado and place into mixing bowl with lobster
3. Add tomatoes, corn, and lemon juice and mix with large wooden spoon (or I transferred bowl a few times so not to mash the avocados)
4. Add salt and pepper to taste




** I have also used this recipe with crab which is just a tasty. In addition, I have added garlic powder as well (because lets face it who doesn't love garlic).

No comments:

Post a Comment